Learn how to understand a pattern and make your very own unique A line skirt complete with a waistband and a zip.
Make An A Line Skirt
On this workshop you make an A line skirt with a zip fastening and a waistband. You will learn how to:
- Understand the instructions on a commercial pattern
- How to measure yourself correctly
- Cut out the skirt pieces correctly
- Insert a zip
- How to create a waistband
- Produce a professional finish
Create your very own A line skirt suitable for sizes 8 through 18. The length is 27” but can be made shorter if required .
Help will be given to check personal measurements against pattern sizes before pinning and cutting out the pattern pieces; marking features like notches and zip position; making a waistband using interfacing; and tips on how to match and join correct pieces together as well as best ways to complete the garment.