Do you have an overlocker that is sitting neglected on the shelf? If so then this class is for you. We will help explain the
mysteries of your machine and how you can use it to create beautiful finishes and projects.
Overlockers are amazing machines that can really add a professional edge to your sewing projects but because they look more complicated than a standard sewing machine sewers are sometimes put off using them. This course is ideal to help anyone who wants to overcome their fear of using an overlocker or if you have recently bought a machine and just want a helping hand to understand how to set it up.
We will help you will learn and practice the following:
- Component parts of your overlocker and what their function is
- Differences between overlockers and standard sewing machines
- Threading and re-threading your machine
- Configurations and settings for different types of stitches/finishes including 3-thread overlock, 4-thread overlock and rolled hems
- Setting and troubleshooting tension settings
- What types of projects you can complete with your overlocker
- To apply what you have learnt you will also be able to make an infinity scarf to take away with you.